Thursday, November 25, 2010

Un-fulfilling Prophecy

Well. Shame. It would seem that my darker side has taken hold and my fears have been realised. It has been some time since my last post. I seem to have let my life unravel in the last few months. I could interpret my lack of posting as laziness but thinking about it now, I realise it is more about survival. When my Control-O-Meter reaches 80% out of control, it sends me into survival mode. As well as becoming unbearable gloomy and grumpy, I become uncreative, addicted, self-loathing, fatter, scruffier, and unforgiving (of myself). When you think about it, sounds more like self-destruction than survival!

I won't bore you with the details of my steady decline but for the sake of honesty, it involves a mish-mash of lack of exercise, the terrible-twos, viruses, the AFL finals, seasonal triggered memories of grief, the end of my structured church community, a restrained but right financial advisor, a kindergarten AGM, and hmmmm what else.... a lack of chocolate maybe.

I'm probably not in as bad a place as I sound. In fact, the fact that I am blogging today indicates perhaps I'm already turning or about to turn a corner. I'll let you know what's there.

2 comments:

Justjanie said...

Hi Kate. At last! I have missed you! I keep checking to see if you're blogging and I'm relieved that you are back again! I figured something was going on!
Well done for getting back to blogland, for surviving all that onslaught of negativity happening around you.
Look forward to reading again soon.

Apostropher said...

WHAT WAS THERE?!